Based on data from over 30 mobile operators, our Mobile Video Index will inform you of what's really happening in mobile networks today
In the Russia 2018 World Cup, mobile video usage was set to soar – twice the number of subscribers were streaming live matches over mobile connections compared to Brazil 2014*. But what did that do to mobile networks worldwide? What did it do to the user experience?
Our latest Mobile Video Index (MVI) analyses the impacts of this major world event on traffic usage, levels of congestion, and quality of experience including QOE parameters such as average video stall-time and average playback time.
If you work for a mobile operator, you can download all editions of the MVI and pre-register for the next edition simply by clicking the Download button.
Our previous editions of the MVI addressed key learning points for the industry including:
- Is it true that Facebook Video is set to overtake YouTube?
- Mobile video could increase 9-fold, and HD on mobile is driving growth faster and further than predictions suggested.
- The onslaught of QUIC threatens to outpace anything the industry has seen.
- Trends in encrypted traffic and video resolution.
- And what are subscribers actually DOING with mobile video - just how picky are they when it comes to quality of experience?
* based on a Censuswide survey of 3000 subscribers across Europe commissioned by Openwave Mobility – contact us for details
MVI Fall 2017
MVI Spring 2018
All of these topics are discussed in the Mobile Video Index. Discussion is based on data obtained from Openwave Mobility Traffic Management Solutions running in-network. The MVI includes views by experts from ABI Research and Analysis Mason.
Request previous editions and sign up for the next one with a single form below!