Based on data from over 30 mobile operators, our Mobile Video Index will inform you of what's really happening in mobile networks today
And the results may surprise you!
The challenge to mobile network operators to drive data revenues and manage subscriber Quality of Experience (QoE) has never been greater. And yet many operators are building out infrastructure based on an incomplete picture of the mobile data trends that are actually taking place.
- Is it true that Facebook Video is set to overtake YouTube?
- Mobile video could increase 9-fold, and HD on mobile is driving growth faster and further than predictions suggested.
- The onslaught of QUIC threatens to outpace anything the industry has seen.
- Levels of encrypted traffic continue to soar – how can mobile operators manage what they can’t see?
- And what are subscribers actually DOING with mobile video - just how picky are they when it comes to quality of experience?
All of these topics are discussed in the Mobile Video Index. Discussion is based on data obtained from Openwave Mobility Traffic Management Solutions running in-network, and an exclusive consumer survey carried out by Censuswide. The MVI includes views by experts from ABI Research and Analysis Mason.
What’s in each edition of the MVI?
In the previous edition of the MVI we shared data on mobile video trends from over 30 operators worldwide. This included new trends in encrypted traffic, video resolution, and the rise of QUIC. In our latest edition we focus on subscriber behavior, reporting on:
- A surprising turn of events regarding Facebook versus YouTube when it comes to mobile video
- The latest QOE parameters such as average video stall-time and average playback time
- The results of a new consumer survey covering 3,000 subscribers, their habits and preferences
Request both editions with a single form below!